Friday, September 24, 2004

Evite - the GOOD side

I remember getting my first birthday party invitation when I was in elementary school. The card was so fancy, with little balloons on it. "You are invited to my party!" Sigh...the good old days.

That was then. Now, we're a little too old for invitation cards with balloons and little dinosaurs. With today's technology advancements, we use "Evite".


"Evite is the fun, free online social planning destination complete with all of the tools needed to coordinate get togethers for private events, public events or activities." (Retrieved from http://www.evite.com/pages/gt/about.jsp) It sends out electronic invitations (therefore E-vite) to people you want to invite to your party. Organizers can see who has viewed the invitation, who is (or is not) coming, which guest is bringing what, etc. Those invited can see who else are invited to the party (unless if the organizer disables this function), and see the response of other guests.

I am a frequent user of Evite. I organized a surprise birthday party for 30 people without the birthday boy knowing! Imagine, without evite, I would have AT LEAST 30 emails sitting in my inbox, coming in at different times. I would have to have to manually keep track of who is coming, who is bringing what food. With evite, all I have to do is log into the website and immediately I can see if there are new RSVP's. Once I click into the event, I can see in a list who is going to attend, who is bring what, etc. Talk about convenience!


2 Comments:

At 11:28 p.m., Blogger Unknown said...

Looking forward to your Evite comments - it is a while since I've done one, but it *is* a good system, I agree.

 
At 11:29 p.m., Blogger Unknown said...

I'm also very impressed that you have included a citation in your blog - well done!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home