Friday, November 26, 2004

Final Thoughts - Blogging about Evite

I found this assignment a bit challenging to do, it could be because of the social software that I chose, but it was hard to think of new things that I had not already wrote about. This is why there were weeks where I just did not blog, because I just could not think of anything else to write that is related to the assignment or even to the course content. I found that I had to pick at details of the lecture notes since sometimes the big idea just doesn't fit. The reason I didn't want to change my social software was because I like using Evite and wanted to learn more about it, which I did by the end. This assignment made me think about this social software, and other social softwares in general, and how it is used as a way for us to socialize.

I think the process of blogging about a social software is a good idea, but perhaps about once per week is too much, especially since sometimes it's hard to find something to write about. There is also perhaps not enough feedback from Richard, the TA's and peers. Richard is doing a great job in recognizing people who blogged, which is a lot of work, but perhaps everyone should be required to comment on someone else's blog at least 5 times in the duration of blogs to give a bit of feedback and encouragement for our blogs.

Note: the first blog was something that I wrote before knowing that we had to write about a social software. I observed and reflected about my commute to Harbour Center and my view about the BC transit website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home